February 5, 2010

Too Much Forehead


Chase has always been a problem solver.  So this morning when I combed his hair and it got into his eyes, he took care of it.  He took those scissor and with one snip removed quite a lot of hair. 

In all honesty, I couldn't help but laugh, but effectively hid my laughter and even somehow ended up thanking him for taking care of those pesky bangs.  But I did suggest that next time we should really let a "professional" help.  He agreed and in his own words admitted that he was "showing too much forehead." 

But when we went into Golden Shears and Woody started cutting all that pretty golden hair, I felt sad; the kind of sad that still can't hide a wide smile.  I secretly hoped one of my boys would be this kind of capricious.

But he does look sooo much older.

7 comments:

laurel said...

This gave me such a giggle! He really does look older, and a lot like James.

P.S. I love your flowers. Beautiful. And your website. So proud of you.

hannah m said...

Oh, sweet Chase. This story has me smiling so big, for so many reasons. It is all kinds of awesome.

(I still get wistful every time Viv gets a hair cut because she always looks soooo old when it's done.)

brooke said...

Can I just say, your Chase is so darn cute. I love his little adventurous personality. And I love his new do! It looks great! He does look so old though. And once again, your patient reaction to crazy kid behavior amazes me. When are you going to write a book my friend?

Cheryl said...

Oh it brings back memories! Isn't this a rite of childhood? Now you can always say, "Remember when..."

Nikki CB said...

Wow! he does look so much older. what a great quote....

Nikki CB said...

Wow! he does look so much older. what a great quote....

Kelley said...

Awww...Chase is so handsome.

Grant lost his bowl cut last fall...and I think it's gone for good. It's sad! I miss his "little boy" hair!